CJA membership is limited to individuals who are currently or have previously been employed by the editorial departments of Chicago area news outlets — including daily or weekly newspapers, syndicates, magazines, recognized digital news services, regional radio and television stations — for at least one year or more, or are students or recent graduates of journalism schools at accredited colleges and universities. All applications require the approval of our Board of Directors.
Why should you apply for journalism membership?
- Early sign-up and discounted rates for CJA’s annual, premier programming.
- Exclusive access to in-person, member-only opportunities, such as resume review, pitch workshops, headshot photoshoots and more.
- Newly launched bi-weekly jobs email, featuring a curated list of journalism/communications opportunities with Chicago-area editorial departments.
- Opportunity to obtain journalism training certificates through our lauded MasterJourno Class.
- Exclusive online access to training and discussion videos and related materials.
- Ability to network with Chicago’s top reporters, editors and media professionals at CJA’s signature events, furthering our mission of providing comradeship among area journalists.
- Extend a helping hand to the next generation of journalists through mentoring sessions with Illinois high schools.
- Represent Chicago history, as we are one of the city’s oldest organizations of journalists.
Become a member today!
Interested in joining our respected organization? Email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and our Board of Directors will review at our next Board meeting.
Once you are accepted, please pay the appropriate membership fee here.